December 17, 2014

Gold and White Living Room Decor

Hello! Today I would like to share with you my current living room styling. I recently moved to a new apartment and have been working on getting everything all settled in. I have gotten one side of the living room all set, but I am still working on the entertainment center set-up.

Because I rent, the changes I can make to the apartment are limited. Therefore, I have to stick with renter-friendly decorating methods.



The sunburst mirror was a DIY project. I used wooden dowels, liquid gold leaf, a mirror, and some hot glue. I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

I purchased the wall decals from Target and really like them. They don't peel off on their own, but are still easy to remove. When removed, they do not damage the paint or leave a sticky residue. At the wrong angle, the gold foil feathers look a little bubbly due to the textured walls, but overall it isn't too noticeable.



I love the way the foil feather wall decals are reflected in the mirrors of my end tables. For the end table styling, I chose a candle and terracotta pot that I gold leafed. I added the terrarium to give it a pop of color and bring some life to the space.



I found the ceramic jay figurine and the vase at the thrift store and paid under $10 for both. They are probably my favorite thrift store finds ever. The gold drink coasters were also purchased from a thrift store.
The jar is filled with pebbles, fossils, and shells.

And that pretty much wraps up this side of my living room. Hopefully it won't be too long until I get the other half situated.

How long does it usually take you to get settled into a new home or to redecorate a room? Do you have any tips for speeding the process up?


0 comments:

Post a Comment