January 22, 2015

The 5 Best Studying Apps Every College Student Should Have



Today I would like to share with you my favorite and most used free apps for studying/school. I have an android device, so all the apps I am familiar with and can recommend are mostly for android devices.

These apps help me stay organized, keep track of assignments and grades, and study on the go.

1.) Quizlet  [Android & iPhone/iPad]


Quizlet Turn your morning shuttle ride into a study session! While you can create sets using the app, I prefer to create my sets using their website, then study on my phone. I find this method easiest simply because I can type faster using my laptop and copy and paste directly from lecture slides.


2.) Studious  [Android]

 

Studious Keep track of assignment due dates, exam dates, and your class schedule.

While there are similar apps with more features, I love the simplicity of this app. It is easy to use, has a clean layout, and the ad placement is not distracting (I barely notice them). I like that you can set a color for each class, making it easy to see which classes have upcoming assignments when viewing the calendar.

Additionally, you can avoid those embarrassing moments when your forgot to turn off your phone by selecting the option for the app to automatically silence your phone during class time.

3.) Grade Tracker Pro  [Android]


Grade Tracker Pro Easily keep track of your grades and GPA throughout the semester. This app is great for seeing where you currently stand and setting clear goals. Features include weighted grade categories and custom GPA grade scales. This app also allows you to input old GPA from previous semesters.


4.) Mathematics  [Android]


Mathematics This app has pretty much everything you'll ever need for math! Solve linear equations, graph functions, take derivatives and integrate, unit conversion, and more. I love using this app as a graphing calculator and for checking my answers on homework. You can even do 3D plotting with this app (super useful for Calculus 3).

5.) Thesaurus Free  [Android]


Thesaurus Free Stop using the same old words. Instead, expand the vocabulary in your essays and papers by utilizing a thesaurus. With this app, you can effortlessly look up synonyms of words from your mobile device.




What are your favorite apps for school?

0 comments:

Post a Comment